Posted to alt.home.repair
cm

Default Evap Cooler water runs through pads too fast!

They make a little metal clamp that you put over your water supply hose
between the pump and the water distribution tubes. You can tighten it to
pinch the hose and slow down the water flow. There is no need to change the
pads or pump until they wear out.

kontico

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
TRADEWINDS EVAPORATIVE COOLER with a 5000 (?) pump. and the
green , honeycombed paper pads.

I've got a cooler problem it and I don't know how to solve it:

The water comes down over the pads so fast that it dribbles over the
louvres and on to the roof, and then down to the side of the house.

Should I switch to pads that are more tightly packed? Should I buy a
smaller pump., say 4500?

Just what is the ceapest and most effective way to fix my problem.
Should I restrict the water flow? I don't think that wuld be right!

Help please...it's getting hotter in Arizona~~~
Mike
Picture Rocks, AZ