Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak

Default 1/8" or 1/4" black tape? Making "stained glass"

Noozer wrote:
I've tried Google, but end up with too many bad hits...

I'm trying to figure out what to ask for when looking for 1/8" wide and 1/4"
wide black "pinstriping" tape. I'm using it to make some faux stained glass.
Electrical tape should work - IF they made it in those widths.

I've been able to located the actual tape made by stained glass kit
companies, but at $5.00 for 2 feet, that's a bit outrageous.

My only real concern is how easy will it be to remove later on.

Any suggestions?

Go to a store that sells doll houses and accessories. They have an
aluminum tape that is used as electric circuits in doll houses (taped
to doll house walls before covering it with wallpaper. The doll house
lamp wires and pointed plugs are just stuck into the wall so they
contact the tape). I have used the 1/4" size, but I don't know if they
have it any thinner. You could cut it down the middle.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY