Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike

Default Evap Cooler water runs through pads too fast!

Hi,
TRADEWINDS EVAPORATIVE COOLER with a 5000 (?) pump. and the
green , honeycombed paper pads.

I've got a cooler problem it and I don't know how to solve it:

The water comes down over the pads so fast that it dribbles over the
louvres and on to the roof, and then down to the side of the house.

Should I switch to pads that are more tightly packed? Should I buy a
smaller pump., say 4500?

Just what is the ceapest and most effective way to fix my problem.
Should I restrict the water flow? I don't think that wuld be right!

Help please...it's getting hotter in Arizona~~~
Mike
Picture Rocks, AZ