Posted to misc.consumers.house
siskuwihane

Default Simplicity Freedom upright vacuum any good?

wrote:
"siskuwihane" wrote:

wrote:
Does any own one of these upright vacuums?

see link

http://tinyurl.com/jbery

Hey me, it's me, the person who gave you that site. I don't own a
Simplicity, but in this months CR, they have the "biggest test ever" of
vacuums and the Simplicty upright vacuums are rated number one in the
"more repairs" catagory. Not good news I'm sure.

FWIW, In the ratings charts, they are also listed as "Riccar". The
Simplicity Freedom F3500 (Also known as a Riccar Supralite RSL3) came
in at number 8 in the ratings and retails for $350.

Hi how are you doing?

Well I did go look at the Simplicity units at local
dealer

They are what I want as far as being simple units with
no tools but I also saw the CR report you mention above
and was concerned they placed dead last in reliability.

have any idea what's up with that?

I went and took another look at that chart and then checked the repair
history for some other items

The same issue of CR shows that 21% of Gateway desktop computer owners
report having needed repairs, that's the highest for desktop computers.
It also shows the desktop needing the least repairs is an Apple @ 11%.
So an 11% repair rate is listed as the best for a desktop computer and
the worst for an upright vacuum. After taking another look, I would say
that an 11% repair rate is acceptable and would not keep me from making
a purchase, 15% or more would make me look for something else.

Also.... why are Riccar and Simplicity placed together?
Are they made by same manufacturer?

As another poster said, same factory. Sort of like a Ford Taurus and a
Mercury Sable being almost the same car.

I'm on the verge of buying one but the CR ratings have
me a bit spooked. hence the recent post.