Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

Default more compressor questions

On 9 Mar 2006 13:30:44 -0800, "brianlanning"
wrote:

I can't imagine it would be anything other than 1/4" NPT unless it was
3/8" NPT. Gotta be one or the other.

wow, guess we found a big hole in my tool knowledge. what is this?
does it describe the thread pitch or something? Is it the same
threading that the borg will put on black pipe for you, like for pipe
clamps?

National Pipe Thread.

It's a standard thread (tapered), obviously for pipe. Standard, like
SAE or NF (National Fine) and NC (National Coarse) are standard
threads.

Yes, if you ask the borg to thread pipe, it will be threaded NPT.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.