Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default more compressor questions

"brianlanning" wrote in message
oups.com...
My monster compressor arrived yesterday. I admit that I haven't
totally read the manual yet.

I need a globe valve, dryer, filter, and pressure regulator. Can
anyone suggest an all-in-one unit?

You just build this stuff up. You wouldn't want an all in one. Your
drains should go at the tank, and at the remote connection points. Your
dryer should go at the connection points. Your regulator can go anyplace
that's convenient. Do a little internet research and you'll find a ton of
drawings showing different layouts for air lines and all of the associated
parts. Your owner's manual may even have some drawings in it. It pays to
look first.

I'm a bit concerned with getting the right fittings. The threading in
the air outlet looks a little more coarse than what I remember about
the threading on regular black pipe.

Standard pipe fitting.

The manual also shows a short section of flex hose between the
compressor and the rest of the air distribution system. Is this sort
of thing at home depot? I don't remember seeing it. Maybe you have to
make this from compression fittings and a section of hose? What should
I be looking for?

You can find short lengths of pre-made pressure line everywhere. Harbor
Freight carrys them, as do most of the places that carry air line.

Also, it's a 6 horse motor. Is a 20 amp 220 line with 12 gauge wire
enough? I'm getting the feeling that I need to go to 30 amp and fatter
wire.

What does your manual say you need for a line? If it says 20A then 12 guage
wire is sufficient. If it calls for a 30A circuit, then you'll need 10
guage wire.

--

-Mike-