Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default fitting new boiler - LPG or Oil?

""Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"" wrote in message
Grunff wrote:

While I haven't actually done any measurements, I think they are one of
the cheapest in terms of running costs. This is because they have near
100% energy transfer into the pot/pan.

I would agree.
On ours you just flick the "C" button once the pan is to temp and it holds
it there cutting in and out at about 3 seconds on, 3 off.

Even at full tilt, you can put your finger on the cooker top right up to
the edge of the pan which also means everything that gets spilt will wipe
away in seconds.

Bloody marvelous invention, though there isn't an abundance of magnetic
pans on the market to chose from.

Destined to go the way of Betamax then.