Posted to rec.woodworking
mew

Default Kickback

Well, what really caused it to sail was stupidity. Not using a sled
but the fence in combination with sneezing at the wrong moment that
caused my hand to twist which caused the piece to twist back into the
blade as I was almost all the way through the cut. The stupidity part
was not using a splitter or blade guard as I had removed them to use
the dado blade and not reinserted them when I changed blades. The
factory ones are a real pain to take off and put back. That is why I
am looking at an overhead guard with an easily removed splitter. As
well as building a sled for this kind of stuff.