Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

Default Imperial/metric pipes?

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:53:17 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:18:12 +0000, Chris Cowley wrote:

|I bought two 3/4" to 22mm solder ring fittings because I thought the old
|pipework here was 3/4". It turns out I was wrong - it is metric, so I
|have two of them lying around here going to waste.

Things like that go into my copper plumbing bits box, because they may come
in useful sometime in the future.

True enough. My problem is that I always forget what I've got stashed
away and end up buying things several times over on the assumption that
"there's no way I've already got one of those". I found a telescopic
basin bottle trap in a cupboard the other day; I have absolutely no idea
why I'd have bought one, nor any idea of when I bought it.

I dread to think what I'll be like when I'm old(er).
--
Chris Cowley