Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

Default fitting new boiler - LPG or Oil?

"Grunff" wrote in message
Christian McArdle wrote:

Electric cooking is a waste of time.

I used to think so too, then I bought an induction hob. I'd never use
gas again.

Excellent aren't they!

Going back to the OP's question, if you want to install a non condensing oil
boiler you need to do it before April 2007.

I have just tried ringing the local building control people to enquire whether I
could install a non condensing oil boiler post April 07 because of difficulty
installing a condensate soakaway (I am not on mains drains). The told me to
speak to HETAS (Who I now realise deal with solid fuel boilers!)

The ODPM told me that it is the local authority who have the discretion to
disregard the regulations. (not the installer) The problem is that they don't
appear to know how to do this.

--

Michael Chare