GTO69RA4

Default Need help identifying old Delta Drill Press & need chuck key

Call up Delta and they'll tell you the date and model, plus mail you the
manuals.

K3 key, as used on JT6 and JT33 chucks should fit. You chuck is pressed onto a
male taper on end of the spindle. You buy a set of small Jacobs wedges and
force it off with a c-clamp or vise.

GTO(John)

I was recently given an old Delta Drill press (see photo at address
below). The serial # is 49-6326, anyone know the model and approximate
year of manufacture. It's missing the chuck key and it seems to be an
odd size (5/16ths pilot). Does anyone know a source for this part or
should I get a new chuck - present one works but is a little rusty - I'm
not sure how to remove it.

http://www.rovatune.com/deltapress2.jpg

Thanks for your time

Larry Webb