Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Removing OLD HARD walll paper

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, i'm now onto the wallpaper removal of a different room. It is all
old and cracking and when I'm taking it off by just picking at it, the
paper comes off in small flakes. I was thinking of spraying and
scraping, but I was also thinking that it might be possible to just
take an orbital hand sander and just go over it with a medium grit
paper. Has anyone done this? - removing wall paper is one of my LEAST
favorite things to do.

Start drinking. The wet method's the best, which speaks volumes about the
other methods. Sanding will make you very unhappy.

I use a spray bottle get an area wet then wait for saturation. Work awhile
spray a little more and add a small area repeat. If you do not care about
the floors a big spounge works just more water to clean up. Just do not let
the area your working on dry out. Even worked on the fing foil paper in the
bathroom I removed.
No one ever said this was fast.