Posted to rec.woodworking
Bobby

Default Small World Kickback

Hi, POP!

I went through the HSL-31 RAG and SAR Swimmer school in 81-82. Later
when the SH-60B came out I went through the HSL-41 RAG in 85. I then
joined Afloat Training Group Pacific (ATGPAC) from 94 to 97. Now I'm
retired and working with the HELMARSTRIKE Weapons School down here in
NS Mayport.

I miss San Diego very much. I loved the NASNI woodshop and recently
called the local MWR and asked about base woodshops here in North
Florida. I am sad to announce that the MWR is phasing out ALL of the
base woodshops. It's a shame! When I was introduced to the NAVY,
EVERY base had a golf course, a bowling alley, a theater, and a
woodshop, this was a standard fixture. Now where are all of the CPO
selectees going to build their hat boxes and book cases?

I am proud to say, though, that my humble shop has become the shop of
choice for selectees here at COMHELMARSTRIKEWINGLANT. It started off
with one selectee last year and wound up with seven new Chiefs in my
shop! This year there will be even more. I still have materials left
over from last year, ready for next years "Slugs!" Bring 'em on!

Cheers!
Bobby
AWC(RET) (4000Hrs 30 Min) career SH-2F, SH-60B, SH-3H, MH-60R, MH-60S,
SH-60F, HH-60H