Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:51:02 +0000, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:16:15 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:03:58 +0000, Dave Hinz wrote:

Either way, someone has to pay to keep I80 open,

I thought that that was supposed to be what the dollar or two a gallon in
gas taxes was to pay for. You drive, you pay. You ride a bicycle, you
don't pay. It's pretty simple - maybe too simple....

You keep not getting it. People buy goods transported on I80, right?
Does that mean that they themselves have to drive on it? They benefit
from a shared piece of infrastructure that they may never themselves
directly use.

No, the people who pay for the truckers' deisel fuel pay for it.

What exactly is it I'm "not getting"?

Thanks,
Rich
--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum