Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

On 8 Mar 2006 18:51:02 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:16:15 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:03:58 +0000, Dave Hinz wrote:

Either way, someone has to pay to keep I80 open,

I thought that that was supposed to be what the dollar or two a gallon in
gas taxes was to pay for. You drive, you pay. You ride a bicycle, you
don't pay. It's pretty simple - maybe too simple....

You keep not getting it. People buy goods transported on I80, right?
Does that mean that they themselves have to drive on it? They benefit
from a shared piece of infrastructure that they may never themselves
directly use.

And that cost of transportation is reflected in the sales price, is it
not ??

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.