Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Joel Kolstad

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

Nick,

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
When I lived on Merrit Island FL (near the launch pads) the 'city' was
not incorporated and there was no city tax. The library kept building
bigger buildings, it got lots of donations. The local merchants
beautified the roads.

[etc...]

This is a great idea when it works, but personally I believe that
realistically only a small fraction of the population has (1) enough money and
(2) enough inclination to support this model. If you tried out this model
(rescinding a bunch of taxes in exchange for dropping a bunch of government
services that would become privately supported) in, e.g., Arkansas or
Mississippi, I think you'd find yourself in the middle of a civil war pretty
fast. :-)