Posted to alt.home.repair
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Default Does code require a switched receptical if you have switched overheads?

) said...

When I remodel I install extra wall receptables, they are pretty cheap,
and dont forget pre wiring for sat, cable or ethernet.

easiest time to do this stuff is when wall is open.

Even better: install conduit.

When we built our home, we had "media outlets" in every room with conduit
home runs to a cabinet in the basement. The cabinet has the sattellite feeds,
and telephone line coming into it and houses a DSL modem and router.

When we need to add something to a room (phone, ethernet, coax, speaker wire)
it is a simple job. The conduit was a small extra cost and I didn't have to
guess what might be needed where - you always end up paying for too much
cable in some places and end up with not quite enough somewhere else.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"I really think Canada should get over to Iraq as quickly as possible"
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***