Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default sanding belts, you're choice?

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:13:43 -0600, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

Well I got out a new box of 3 x 21 120 grit sanding belts to do some
sanding on a butcher block table top, and in a matter of five minutes
I went through five of them. The glue seams would not hold. The
sander was tracking perfectly.

Admittedly, these belts while a new box had been stored for a while,
maybe 5-6 years in my shop that is not climate controlled. I have a 4
x 24 that I use most of the time so the smaller sander gets less use.
However, I thought the shelf life would be a little better.

So what is you're favorite belt, particularly in terms of sanding
longevity and shelf life?

Frank

I really like the Klingspor belts, also...

I use them on both the 6 x 36" sander and the 1 x 42" grinder and am very happy
with them..

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis