Posted to rec.woodworking
henry

Default Kickback

I received a very large black and blue at belt level from not pushing a
piece all the way past the blade. If I was taller I can only guess what
would happen. I now use The GRR-RIPPER instead of two push sticks as
before. http://www.microjig.com/ Any comments on this new to me tool
good or bad would be appreiciated.I am interested in Todds comment "The
next safest place to stand
is to the right of the fence, which isn't always possible. " I guess I
thought of pieces coming straight back so standing to the left was the
safest. My problem and most Right handed persons would be that if we
stand to the right of fence we would have to use our left hands.