BW

Default Round Ram bridgeport milling machine

I have a round ram with a step pulley J head with a 220V 3 phase pancake
motor.

I also believe that they came with the M head. I have had no trouble with
the machine holding tram and it works great.
The entire ram is geared and can rotate the head along the x axis. It has
come in quite handy when I had to cut slots at a angle. I have also used it
to rough in dovetails.
I believe the head determines what collets it will use. Mine use standard R8
collets.

I paid considerably more than $100 but yours would be worth looking at. You
may find a diamond in the rough.

Good luck.

BW
"Wayne Makowicki" wrote in message
.net...
What is a "Round Ram" bridgeport milling machine. Someone has offered
one for $100.00. There are no collets and the seller is not sure if they
can be bought. It also has a 440 3 phase motor. Any input would be
great, thank you