Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default Kickback

"Locutus" wrote in message

"todd" wrote in message
"Locutus" wrote in message

"todd" wrote in message

As do I. It happened to me once, though the block wall was a bit more
resilient than your plasterboard. In my case, I was picking up pieces
from the outfeed table and dropped one. It bounced right on top of the
blade. It put some nice saw tooth marks in the back of a drawer front
which I left as a reminder.

todd

Should the saw be stopped when picking up pieces from the outfeed table?

I'm sure it should. But of course I had more pieces to cut and these
were just piling up and getting in the way. Another case of being in a
hurry creating a dangerous situation.

todd

BTW, It was an honest question, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I am
new to this and still learning about proper tablesaw safety.

Thanks.

Well, I suppose each person works differently and some would shut it off and
some wouldn't. The safest thing to do would seem to be to turn it off
whenever you're not doing an (intentional) cutting operation.

todd