Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
J. Clarke

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

Rich Grise, PLainclothes Hippie wrote:

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:50:28 +0000, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:47:06 GMT, Nick Hull
wrote:
In article ,
"Rich Grise, PLainclothes Hippie" wrote:

Elect Me President in 2008! I will:
A. Fire the IRS, and abolish the income tax
B. Legalize drugs
C. Stand down all military actions by the US that don't involve actual
military aggression against US territory
D. Declare World Peace I.

You got my vote.

Great. Who pays for the roads, police & fire & EMS protection, and all
those things then?

The people who use them.

So how far apart are the toll booths going to be?

People seem to not grasp the concept that there is no such thing as
"federal money" - it was all taken out of people's paychecks. (or
printed up, i.e., counterfeit). If the federal government wssn't
taking 30-50% of people's hard-earned money (not to mention the hidden
taxes), the citizens would be able to spend it on local/state projects
and stuff.

What is the federal government for? To lord it over every citizen, to
make sure they behave "right?" Or to sign treaties and keep an index
of the local and interstate roads? It should mainly be a record-keeping
place.

Let's go back to the real constitution, and get rid of the bureaucrats!
Let them try to get real jobs, like the rest of us have to do!

In fact, as president, I will issue an edict that declares that I get
paid nothing from taxes, and announce on TeeVee that everybody else in
the government should follow my example. ;-) [ - this smiley is for
the "this is a happy idea" paradigm, not the "ha, ha, what a joke!" one.]

And so what are you going to live on? Are you going to work at McD and be
President in your spare time?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate