Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Jeff Wisnia

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

Mark Rand wrote:

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:02:50 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

C'mon Howard, this is rcm y'know.

Most guys here would quickly pick up on 3/4" circumference equaling less
that 1/4" diameter. You can't fit AAA bateries (.41" diameter) in that,
so I knew it was a bull**** story right there.

Jeff

Well, bugger me! I had to go out to the workshop and measure one, they don't
look that big for some reason.

Turns out that the one I measured was 0.402" diameter, but they still _look_
smaller. Weird!

Mark Rand
RTFM

Well, the old Burgess batteries always looked skinnier to me than they
really were, because of the stripes on them:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/burgess.jpg

Ask any woman. Clothing with vertical stripes makes you look slimmer,
that's why you rarely see lady's clothing with horizontal stripes.

(Honey, dows this dress make me look fat? No dear, but your ass does.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)