Mike S.

Default Re-vitalizing an X-Y table

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Mike S. says...

Last night while looking for a sheet metal roll former that Dad said
was up in the loft somewhere, I ran across an old X-Y table, or at least
something that resembles an X-Y table. It's fairly small, the table is
about 2" x 2" with 2 t-slots in it, the bottom slide has around a 3"
travel and the top slide might be a bit more. The top slide can also be
rotated to any arbitrary angle relative to the bottom slide.

There's a good chance that this may be a compound
slide for a lathe. See for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2563120771&category=12 72

Jim

please reply to:

Actually, that looks extremely similar to the one I found. I don't know
who made mine though since the only markings I've found so far is a "2
0" stamped underneath the bottom slide. Kinda interesting since the
first thing that came to mind when I saw it was seeing if I could fit it
to my wood lathe. I've been meaning to get pics of it, but have not been
able to do so yet.

Jon Elson: Yes, it does have dovetail slides.

Grant Erwin: Maybe it is too small, but that doesn't mean I'm not
interested in seeing what I can do with it.

Thanks for the help all,
Mike