Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Dishwasher

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
Have to go get a new dishwasher tomorrow at Lowe's.

Why Lowes? In most cases, your local dealer can match their prices and give
you much better service. Most dealer belong to buyer co-ops and can give
very competitive prices. Last time I looked at Lowes, by local dealer beat
their price and gave me faster delivery. YMMV, but it is worth checking out.
When I bought a washing machine, it was delivered in two hours.

Anyone have a fast answer on just a regular
dishwasher? (

Do you go for price or maker or what else should I think about? TIA!

In general, the higher price units are better made and have more features.
The cheaper brands have plastic liners, the better brands have stainless
steel liners. Even the cheaper units will wash dishes very well though, and
most fancy models have more cycles than you will ever use.

Cheap brands are Frigidaire, Hotpoint
Better brands are Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag.

FWIW, we are very happy with our KA
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/