Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Taylor

Default Older Rockwell Planer

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:45:35 -0600, "The Davenport's"
wrote:

So I may have access to a Rockwell planer, model 22650, built in June 1984.
It is pretty good shape and was used up until the gent that owned it died
last fall.

The only reference I can find for it is telling me that it's worth about a
$1000usd. Now I'd really like to have this thing, but a grand for a 12"
planer seems a might bit steep and spendy for my blood, but if it's truely
worth it, I'll think about it...or how much IS it worth?

I paid $500 for one a few weeks ago. Built in 1985 and bearing an
Invicta/Delta nameplate, it's a solid machine in fantastic condition
except for the power switch which reached the end of its life sometime
between when I fired it up at its old home and when I turned it on
again at its new home.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/