Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

Default Kickback

Good news is you were lucky. You still have all of your parts and they are
in good condition. I have been using table saws for years and have
experienced a few kickbacks. There is a moment when it appears to be
inevitable and your best defensive move is to step back and let it happen.
Even better, stop it before that moment happens. Splitters, featherboards
and general caution work wonders.

I have posted the experience of my son's buddy before. A piece of thin,
hardwood trim board got past the rollers of his benchtop surface planer.
The 6'-8' piece passed about 1/2 way through his abdomen before it stopped.
Surgery and lots of recuperation but he's doing ok today.

Be careful out there.

RonB