Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On 7 Mar 2006 16:30:28 -0800, wrote:

This is different from the "taser" weapon that cops
in the USA have been killing people with.

Rich

We have been having a bit of controversy up here in the frozen North
lately and I agree with the "bleeding hearts" that the taser should be
banned. Lets have the police go back to using the Glock when they are
being threatened and save a whole lot of tax money.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

My daughter is a PO here in a city of 1.5 million people. She had an
incident where a suspect ran in the garage, and was in front of the car.
She and FD were on scene and trying to get him to come out. Not being able
to see what he was up to, she Tasered him. By the time all of it was over,
a couple of the FD personnel got in contact with the wires and were doing
the dances described by the OP.

It didn't faze the suspect, but a couple of firemen left on stretchers.

In all, it was a hairy situation, but the story that was told along with it
was pretty funny.

Steve