Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
KyMike

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:50:53 GMT, Nick Hull wrote:
In article QilPf.588$wp.547@fed1read12,
"Steve B" wrote:

I don't see how it would not shock you if you ****ed on it, though. If you
were wearing rubber soled shoes, it wouldn't get you, but if you were
barefooted, I think it would. Would you try it out and get back to us?

pee is in droplets; the air in between insulates.

Mythbusters just tackled the ****ing on the third rail question. Short
version: you don't have the flow needed to conduct. That said, I still
wouldn't do it.

Some years ago I read a short article in a railfan-type magazine about
a drunk who was killed after he stopped on a RR overpass in England and
took a leak onto a 50,000 volt catenary wire below. Apparently the
voltage makes a difference.

Mike