Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:50:53 GMT, Nick Hull wrote:
In article QilPf.588$wp.547@fed1read12,
"Steve B" wrote:

I don't see how it would not shock you if you ****ed on it, though. If
you
were wearing rubber soled shoes, it wouldn't get you, but if you were
barefooted, I think it would. Would you try it out and get back to us?

pee is in droplets; the air in between insulates.

Mythbusters just tackled the ****ing on the third rail question. Short
version: you don't have the flow needed to conduct. That said, I still
wouldn't do it.

But, was the rail on the ground, or up closer to the head of yer pecker? I
can see that on a long stream, it would start to break apart. But on a
short stream close up to the source, like electric wires are hung, that it
would be possible to get a connection.

But, like you say, I will let others find out. And I guess I can forget
about the time my friend peed on one and got shocked. He was pretty close
to it.

I guess, according to Mythbusters, I really didn't see and hear what I saw
and heard.

Steve