Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

"DE" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:39:50 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

Great, reminds me of a chap I knew in high school who admitted ****ing
on an electric cattle fence. He said he didn't feel quite right for
about a week.

Myth Busters did a segment on that one---it was busted -no chance
of even a tingle wizzing on a hot fence.

But fence energizers a good source of entertainment when city folk
are out for a visit.....my Parmak MK 5 will flat knock you down if you
try and squeeze through it and touch it with your back while touching
the ground wire. Dogs are particularly sensitive to shocks, cured
the rottweiler down the road from coming around. The owner says
he wont go near a fence for some reason.....

ED

I got a FidoShock that I use for dogs that want to get into the trash can,
or come **** on my rims. One time, and if the dog comes around on a leash,
its owner has to literally drag it past my house.

I don't see how it would not shock you if you ****ed on it, though. If you
were wearing rubber soled shoes, it wouldn't get you, but if you were
barefooted, I think it would. Would you try it out and get back to us?

I am also going to use my FiShock this year at our cabin for rodent control.
Wires over a shallow pan of water. Heard it works good. I particularly
want to get one chipmunk that has taken up residency in the siding.

Steve