Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Post-It-like adhesive

Eli Luong wrote:
Hi,

I'm on a design team, which is an undergraduate course at my
university. We are currently developing a surgical stapler and require
an adhesive with certain properties. The adhesive will be bonding
either titanium or stainless steel staples to whatever standard
material most medical devices are made of. The adhesive must be
temporary because the staples will be mounted onto this flap that is
inside the stapler and the adhesive needs to keep the staples in
place. After being stapled, however, the staples will fire out and
the flaps will be retracted, and the adhesive should be able to
somewhat easily detach the flap from the staples. Biocompatibility
and biodegradability would be a plus, but we need to find an adhesive
first. I'm wondering if anyone knows of an adhesive like this.

Thank you,
- Eli Luong

Maybe gum arabic?

--