Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

Default alarm system - residential

"curious" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sparks - This sounds just what I want, I could pick my time for the 20
min. sounding, warn neighbours and then that should be it - thanks.

There is a chance this may not work as I described though - you will need to
test the alarm when it has finished sounding, to make sure it still sounds
in an alarm condition.

This may not work, or it may result in the alarm sounding for 20 minutes
again, even if you unset the alarm - you won't know until you try it I am
afraid!

If you can avoid sounding the alarm, then please do so, if people hear it go
off in the future, they may just ignore it to the tune of "That BLOODY alarm
is going off again!"

Also, it may sound for more than 20 minutes if the bell box is old - by law
it should only sound for 20 minutes though! if it is old, then it will
probably sound for less, as the battery may be knackered anyway!

Sparks...