Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default Best lubricant for outdoor padlock

wrote:
Daniel Prince wrote:

In your opinion, what is the best lubricant for an outdoor padlock?
I live in a humid area about six miles from the ocean. Thank you in
advance for all replies.

According to the "master's"

http://www.masterlock.com/general/fa...dservice.shtml

Strange recommendations from masterlock on not
using graphite for the keyway. Maybe because most
graphite stuff includes oil. I don't see how
powdered graphite, unless they make a very coarse
grind, could make the pins stick. And, I know for
a fact, having used it on locks many times, that
using WD 40 to flush out the dirt works well.