Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken G.

Default Karle Lathe Spinning Tools and Dual Use Spinning/Storage Cabinet

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Thanks for the response.

Hasn't anyone built a combination table/storage for a portable lathe?

I would think that it would be needed to use a lathe at trade shows and
demonstrations.

If you have the same lathe I'm thinking you have, it's not exactly a
portable lathe:
http://www.rudeosolnik.com/spin%20sh...%20lathe. jpg

Anyway, I have the same exact lathe as Rude used but it's my only lathe
for woodturning. The thing weighs a lot.

I have a rolling tool cart to hold all my woodturning tools, next to the
lathe.

For metal spinning tools, just use hardened steel shafts set in handles
with appropriately shaped tips, polished to reduce friction. You can do
a lot with two tools made from 3/8" or 1/2" shaft, with bullet-shaped
tips. Use wax for a lubricant.

Hopefully you have the toolrest with holes on the top edge, where you
can insert fulcrum pins at various positions?

Ken Grunke
http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/shop/