Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Edwards

Default Link to my WR Smith skeleton clock (finally finished)

Sorry. After posting the URL I checked it and found it is not available.
I should have checked it first. I got it from some correspondence with WR
Smith a little less than one year ago.

Bob Swinney

Bob Smith is quite a character. I needed to call him twice regarding some
problems I was having. The second time I called was regarding how heavy I
should make the weight tube. I was trying to 'engineer' a solution to the
problem. I figured I needed to double the amount of weight needed to just
make it run without a pulley (as I was doing during testing), add the pulley
and then add a little more weight to be on the safe side. His answer to
that was; "Just make the thing as heavy as you can because you never know
what the hell's going to happen." Moral? Clock making is not necessarily
engineering.
Nok