Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Care and maintenance of hardwood floors

clipped
For a more thorough cleaning, should we be some type of solution applied
with a mop and then dried right away? I know you are not supposed to use
wax, but are there other manufactured cleaners that work well and are safe?

What about cleaning up scuff marks,water spots,etc. What is the best method
to quickly and safely remove this type of problem.

Thank you all very much for your assistance.

Bob

The best thing you can do for wood floors is remove your shoes at the
door ) That keeps a lot of sand from being carried in and wearing
down or scratching the finish. I've never heard of the particular
finish used on your floor - the product label would be the best source
to find instructions. Wonder of wonders, they have a website:
http://www.glitsa.com/maintenance.cfm

My experience with wood floors was with old fashioned varnish. Damp mop
once in a while, wax, buff once a year or so. Wipe up food spills as
they occur, don't put wet/damp stuff on the floor. Flower pots on the
floor should be in a stand and have a dish to catch water. Be sure to
vacuum under throw rugs and mats, as they collect sand and will scratch
floor. Mats with rubber or plastic backing may stick or stain the
finish. If you have children, send them to boarding school )