Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default Is this Consistent with BAd Dsihwasher Water Inlet Valve?

despondent wrote:
I'm having an issue with my 13-year-old Whirlpool washer that was
installed when the house was built. According to things I have read
concerning the problem, the water inlet valve may be the cause but I
wanted to bounce it off the group to see if this is the case.

The problem is that three times during the wash cycle, during what I
am pretty sure is the hot water intake, a loud noise that sounds like
pipe vibration occurs for two or three seconds and then goes away.
It's hard to pinpoint the exact location of the noise, other than it
sounds like it is coming from the floor, and it doesn't appear to be
coming directly from the washer unit itself.

Does this sound like what can happen when the water inlet valve is
failing?

Thanks!

Could be. Did anything else change in the local ho****er line to the
dishwasher? Add any new water using appliances? Local water pressure
change?

--
Thank you,