Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Default old Victor torch tip nomenclature

Check with a Victor distributor. Some time back I was looking for a
"propane rosebud" and found they are available from Victor; probably others.
They are special order and a bit on the pricey side.

Bob Swinney
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Sometime in the last few years Victor has changed the way they describe
torch tips. They used to have a "type" system e.g. a cutting torch tip was
"type 1" "type 3" or "type 5", now those would be e.g. 0-1-101, 0-3-101 or
0-5-101 respectively for a no. 0 tip anyway.

I am looking at surplus Victor rosebud tips, but I want those intended for
use with propane/NG not with acetylene. I have found one that looks right,
but it says "10-T-25" and I have no idea what a type 25 tip is.

Anyone?

GWE