Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scabbydug

Default "Silverline" tools - any good?

"John" wrote in message
"Scabbydug" wrote in message

"Mr X" wrote in message
In article , Scabbydug
writes

Where I work we sell Silverline stuff, it's cheap crap but thats what
people
want.

Personally I won't use any Silverline tools.

It seems to be typical of the Chinese/Korean genre

I've been using a number of their yellow tie-down straps for a while
with no problems.

Agreed, but I was referring to hand tools & power tools.
We always have a pile of faulty returns to delight the rep when he calls.

What about their worktop jig, is that any good for a limited number of
joints, not pro use?

I seem to recall it being discontinued, we sold two & had one nicked,
*******s!
At the price you couldn't really lose even if it only worked a couple of
times.