Posted to uk.d-i-y
Keith \(Dorset\)

Default Woodwork magazine searchable archives? - related but almost off topic!

Mike and others

As an afterthought (as a now part-retired magazine photojournalist) I wonder
if the magazines would be able to offer such an agreeably invaluable
archive...

The reason for this is, that in many cases, where the original plans /
feature material had been bought in from freelancers, they would have to pay
further 'electronic rights' - extra payments in order that they could be
allowed to reproduce the articles online. This is currently a very hot topic
among journalists and photographers, as some listreaders here may be aware

Perhaps this may be a reason why 'we' have both apparently failed to find
substantial archives of plans from woodworking magazines which we can dip in
to.

Just a thought...

Cheers,

Keith

Mike wrote:

Thanks Keith, I'll have a look on eBay as you suggest. The CD's should
be very useful. I think that the potential in being able to search
multiple magazine archives from one place on the Internet would be
useful on a much larger scale though. I hope I can either find site
that enables this or start developing one.