Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charles jones

Default Trend Airshield or JSP Powercap?

Hi,

The Trend Airshield that I use is superb. I would advise the purchase of an
extra battery pack in order that you don't take risks of lung damage when
the first one goes flat and some tear-offs so that good visibility is
maintained now and for the future. The only caution I have is that if you
have a very wide head it would be uncomfortable after a short period.
Together with my Microclene filter I enjoy turning in a much safer
environment. Remember, Robert Sorby, Ashley Iles and Hamlet make excellent
tools, but are unable to supply spare lungs!

Charlie

"Gary Pearse" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a powered respirator and these two seem to be the
main
options currently available in the UK. Anyone care to express an opinion?