Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leif Thorvaldson

Default Trend Airshield or JSP Powercap?

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 18:24:00 -0000, "Gary Pearse"
wrote:

I'm in the market for a powered respirator and these two seem to be the main
options currently available in the UK. Anyone care to express an opinion?

I bought one when it was still a 3M product, before it was sold to
Trend. Excellent piece of equipment. I rewired it so I could slip in
new rechargeable batteries -- a very simple job with a couple of Radio
Shack parts (cheap). Get some of those plastic covers for the shield
as it will get spotted with finish, sap and *GASP* LDD!

Leif