Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Default Craft shows-credit card processors

Kip, I started with credit cards over the internet way back in 1995. Most
banks laughed at me, but oddly enough, as a last resort I checked my local
bank where I already had an account. Not only did they give me the best
rate, they did not have a problem with this new thing called the internet.

There is not going to be any such thing as free. But, it is worth the
expense if you can find something reasonable. My sales went up
significantly when I started taking credit cards. You have to weigh your
expenses against your expected volume increase, and then reevaluate from
time to time. I also take PayPal now, which gives me business I would not
otherwise get. Some complain about their percentage, but part of some sales
is better than all of no sale.

We (SWMBO and I) take a laptop and a cell phone to shows. We can print out
an invoice on the spot, and call in the card to make sure it is good before
the customer leaves the booth. People seem to appreciate the professional
appearance.

Good luck with it.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine

www.wonderfulwood.com
www.enter.net/~ultradad

"Kip" wrote in message
oups.com...
I do a few craft shows a year, currently on a cash/check only basis.
I'd like to try credit card sales: does anyone know of a low (or
better yet no) monthly fee processor?? TIA

Kip Powers
Rogers, AR