Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George Saridakis

Default Craft shows-credit card processors

Hi Kip,

I have used ACBS/Teamac for about 6-7 years now and still think they are a
good (NO BS) company to deal with. I started off with a knuckle buster for
shows with a dial up machine for the motel/home to upload the scripts -
$5/month plus the purchase ($500? for the Tranz 330 and merchant account
setup). Business was up at least 30% on a yearly basis once I started
accepting CC.

Most shows I do now, 90+% of sales are CC. My work is artistic/semi
functional - http://www.saridakis.com/

My current Verifone 610 is wireless and uses Verizon's cell phone network -
$1100 purchase price and $27.50/mth for merchant account and cell
connection. Bonus is authorization is done at card swipe time. I can and
do use it for gallery purchases with card numbers over the phone - again -
instant authorization.

Ask for Guy MacDonald at Teamac.

WARNING WARNING WARNING - contacting merchant account vendors you find with
internet searches can be risky and hazardous to your financial health. I
first came across ACBS/Teamac in Wendy Rosen's "Crafting as a Business" book
and compared to what I found in internet searches, they are a different
breed.

Good luck with your business
George

"Kip" wrote in message
oups.com...
I do a few craft shows a year, currently on a cash/check only basis.
I'd like to try credit card sales: does anyone know of a low (or
better yet no) monthly fee processor?? TIA

Kip Powers
Rogers, AR