Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default Undersized plywood slot cutters

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
These were undersize (in two different sizes, IIRC) for the *real* amount
that plywood these days is undersize. However, I can't remember what I
was looking at when I saw them. Has anyone else seen this recently?

Yes, I remember reading about the same thing - I think I might have
seen it in a flyer from Infinity tools. After checking their website,
they have slotting cutters in 5.5mm, 5.9mm, 5/32", and 3/16". Amazon
also has a 3/16" slot cutter by Freud, but I think Infinity might have
been advertising theirs to go with a rail & stile set.
Hope this helps,
Andy

When you said Infinity, that rang a bell. I subscribe to their mailing list
and found an email from them on this topic. Here's the link they refer to
http://www.infinitytools.com/products.asp?dept=1302. They sell a tongue and
groove cutter set that cuts either a 5.5mm or a 5.9mm groove. The 5.5mm
works out to right about 7/32", which is the size I already have in my rail
and stile set (which is too big for the ply that's available). I ran across
a 5.2mm slot cutter from MLCS. The only tricky part now is that I need to
find one that matches the outside diameter of the existing slot cutter
(1.75").

todd