Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Does code require a switched receptical if you have switched overheads?

And finally, you are aware the outlets have to be GFCI aren't you?

Is this a code change I'm not aware of? Unless something has changed, only
outlets in "unfinished" parts of the basement have to be GFCI protected

"Toller" wrote in message

"Dr.John" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm located in the US/MA. Finishing off a basement room and adding a
couple of circuits. I will have overhead recessed lighting wired to a
switch on the wall at the door entrance. Do I still need to have a
wall receptical wired to the switch, or does the fact that the
overheads are switched cover this?

What makes you ask a question like this? Unless there is something you
are not telling us, there is certainly no requirement to have outlets on
lighting circuits.
What makes you spell receptacle that ?

And finally, you are aware the outlets have to be GFCI aren't you?