Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Does code require a switched receptical if you have switched overheads?

"Dr.John" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm located in the US/MA. Finishing off a basement room and adding a
couple of circuits. I will have overhead recessed lighting wired to a
switch on the wall at the door entrance. Do I still need to have a
wall receptical wired to the switch, or does the fact that the
overheads are switched cover this?

generally if there is a way to turn on a light that is all that is required.

You will need recpts 12 feet apart for the area.

Not sure if MA has any special additions. Call the "authority" and ask on
Monday.
You could always check your cities web page.