Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Musing about the 'Arch Pinch Penny' hollowing Tool'

Thanks Darrell,

As you surmised, I was just suggesting to Novice DIY turners a fun way
to practice grinding by using a broken drill bit to make a cheap &
useful small hollowing tool. I was a bit surprised that it worked as
well as it did, but the 'Pinch Penny' is no threat to the 'Berger
Viking' or the 'Feltmate Hook'.

You may remember that once I mentioned here re making a shop made Viking
copy. Soren even e'mailed some voluntary advice, although he didn't know
me and had never huckstered his N.Z. tools on rcw.

Hope you'll make & try my abortion if you ever break a drill bit.
There's no chance of it replacing your hook tool, but I value your
opinions and would like to know what you think.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter