Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default Undersized plywood slot cutters

Within the past few days, I was reading *somewhere* about someone offering
new slot cutters that were undersize for plywood. And I don't mean 1/32
undersize as has traditionally been the case. These were undersize (in two
different sizes, IIRC) for the *real* amount that plywood these days is
undersize. However, I can't remember what I was looking at when I saw them.
Has anyone else seen this recently?

I'm attempting to retrofit a rail and stile set with a new slot cutter that
will work better with the plywood that is available locally. I stopped by
the yard (Owl Hardwood in Lombard) and measured the 1/4" maple ply. This
probably isn't news to most, but it measured between 0.185-0.190 on the
three sheets that I sampled. That's 3/16" plus or minus a few thousandths.

todd